These are just as delicious as the lettuce wraps at your favorite Asian restaurant – but made healthier with the addition of extra vegetables. Serves 4.
- 1 head Boston, Romaine, or butterball lettuce
- 2 teaspoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Separate, wash, and dry lettuce leaves.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the oil and saute turkey until brown.
- Stir in ginger, scallions, garlic, soy sauce and hoisin sauce and cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve by putting 1⁄4 cup of seasoned turkey meat in lettuce leaf and garnish with carrots, red pepper and cilantro. Fold lettuce leaf like a tortilla and enjoy!
- Carbohydrates 11 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 17 grams, Fat 7 grams, Calories 205 kcals